At Clearmasters Environmental, we are always on hand, whether it be a routine visit or an emergency call out to offer you the very best in domestic sewage tank emptying. We pride ourselves on having a modern fleet of tankers containing the highest tech equipment to ensure that we can provide you with the high levels of reliability and efficiency that we continually achieve.
A well-designed, properly installed septic tank can last for decades or fail in just a few years. It really is dependent on how well maintained the system is and the first step to maintaining your sewage system, is understanding how it works.
A septic tank is a watertight container that is usually buried in your garden. They are made from various materials such as fibreglass, polyethylene or concrete. It is the holding tank where the separation process takes place.
A septic tank relies heavily on bacteria to allow it to work. In a well-functioning septic system, the bacteria breaks down the waste leaving the water clean enough to soak into the ground.
A simple guide to how your septic tank works
- All waste from the property flows via pipework to the septic tank.
- The septic tank fills within 1-2 weeks, mainly of a watery waste referred to as effluent.
- Anaerobic bacteria begins the breaking down process inside the septic tank allowing the separation of oils and sludge from the effluent.
- The heavier sludge sinks to the bottom of the septic tank and are known as the settled solids. Oils and fats float to the top of the surface and form a layer known as the scum.
- Once the separation process has taken place this allows the effluent to escape via a filtered outlet towards the drainage field.
- The drainage field provides a large area where the bacteria can thrive and the treated effluent can seep into the surrounding ground.
- Finally, aerobic bacteria in the surrounding soil completes the decomposition of the waste allowing the clean water to soak in.
Septic Tank Maintenance
There are two main reasons why septic tank maintenance is so important. The first reason is money! Failing septic systems are expensive to repair or replace, and improper maintenance by homeowners is a common cause of early system failure.
The second reason to carryout regular maintenance on your septic tank is to protect the health of yourself, family, your neighbours and the environment. When septic systems fail, untreated sewage/wastewater is released into the environment. This wastewater from your property can contaminate nearby wells, groundwater and even drinking water sources.
Maintaining your sewage system does not involve you encountering the waste you hoped had disappeared when you flushed the toilet! It simply means carrying out these easy tasks:
- Arranging a regular septic tank emptying to avoid the sludge content building up in your system. If the sludge isn not pumped out from your system it begins to slow down and eventually stop the bacteria from being able to carry out its work. This then ends in solids entering your drainage field and results in the big bill we are striving to avoid.
- Ensure that you keep the area around your septic tank tidy, with the manhole lids easily accessible, and avoid planting shrubs or trees to close to any pipework. The roots from these searches for water and your drainage is absolutely perfect for them to continue to grow and eventually block your system.
- Being aware of what you are putting into your septic tank is also very important. As a general rule of thumb, do not dispose of anything into your septic system that can just as easily be placed into a bin. The more solids that go into your sewage tank, the more frequently your system will need to be emptied and the higher the risk of problems arising.
Our friendly and knowledgeable office team, are always available to discuss or advise on any of your septic tank needs or simply to schedule in your septic tank emptying at a convenient time and date that suits you.
On site, our team of dedicated, friendly and fully trained engineers will ensure that your emptying is carried out to the highest standard with minimal disruption. Our engineers are always willing and fully encouraged to spend time answering any questions you may have regarding your sewage system.
Why choose Clearmasters Environmental for your Domestic Septic Tank Emptying in Chailey?
- Septic Tank Emptying Specialists
- Professional and Reliable Service
- Extremely Competitive Pricing
- Friendly and Knowledgeable Staff
- Fully Licensed Waste Carriers
- Checkatrade and Surrey Trading Standards Approved
- 24 Hour Emergency Tanker Service
With many years of experience in the industry, we have built an extensive list of clients that return year after year to receive the high level of service we provide.
For a free, no obligation quote for your septic tank emptying in Chailey, please call us on 01737 842509.